You Agree With Us That…
1. As a customer of Northland Connect Limited these VoIP terms form the basis of Northland Connect’s agreement with you for the use of Northland Connect VoIP Services. These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with Northland Connect’s standard terms and conditions. Our Agreement with you also includes your application or purchase order form which you complete and provide to us and the Northland Connect VoIP Services rate sheet.
BY ACTIVATING OR USING THE SERVICE, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND FULLY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
2. In this contract we use the terms:
a.) “Northland Connect”, “we”, “our”, and “us” to refer to Northland Connect Limited and it’s representatives;
b.) “You” and “your” to refer to the person who is identified on the front of this form as our customer;
c.) “Service” relates directly to the Northland Connect VoIP services.
3. Prices, costs and service requirements may differ for business customers. If Northland Connect deems you a business customer, your service may differ with regard to:
a.) The price per month charged for the service,
b.) The installation cost,
c.) Hardware requirements, Connection or disconnection fees,
e.) Contract term,
f.) Different rates applied to calls made via the Service.
Northland Connect, at its absolute discretion, will consider you a business customer, if:
g.) Your call volume is considered excessive for a residential user,
h.) Your number of connections is higher than a residential user,
i.) You are found to be undertaking business or commercial activities via the service,
j.) Your name and or address signify that you are undertaking business or commercial activities.
If you are deemed to be a business customer, and you no longer wish to continue with the service, you will be liable for any outstanding balances, including disconnection fees where applicable.
Our Service Commitment to You
4. Once you are connected to our Service we aim to provide you with consistently reliable and good quality service. We do not guarantee that the service we provide will be perfect. When your connection is disrupted we will do our best to remedy the problem as soon as we can.
5. Northland Connect Phone Support is available 24 hours per day 7 days per week as per the standard terms and conditions set out by Northland Connect.
Service enquiries can be directed to the following:
Telephone: 0800 126 226 or Email: email@example.com
6. Northland Connect VoIP Services require the use of a broadband circuit to your home or business. We commit to working to provide a reasonable level of service quality; however the quality, speed and other factors arising from your choice of broadband type or provider may affect your Service. Northland Connect will not be held responsible for issues created through the broadband service you select.
7. Northland Connect VoIP Services requires equipment to be purchased and installed in the home or business. Northland Connect lists acceptable equipment for use with our Services. Whilst Northland Connect VoIP Services may work with other devices, Northland Connect accepts no responsibility for the quality of this service, or provides any support where the device is not included on the acceptable equipment list. Furthermore Northland Connect may at our sole and absolute discretion disconnect your Service without notice if the device use does not conform to the network requirements held by Northland Connect. Under any circumstance, we do not support or have a financial interest in the equipment that you purchase from a third party. Any rights or obligations you may have are between you and the equipment supplier does not affect the relationship with you and Northland Connect.
8. We will accept no liability for any loss or damage, including, without limitation, indirect and consequential losses, caused by another carrier suspending or interrupting its service to us which affects our ability to provide our services to you or any other cause beyond our reasonable control.
9. As part of Northland Connect VoIP Services, you will be provided with a new telephone number or numbers. The number is allocated to you based on where you are located. Where Northland Connect does not have a current POI in your local calling area, you will be assigned a phone number in the largest calling area within the same region.
10. The Service supports emergency 111 calling as normal. However:
a.) For each phone number that you use for the Service, you must register with Northland Connect the physical location where you will be using the Service with that phone number. If you do not register your new location, emergency services will not be aware of your current location, or if you are incapacitated and not able to instruct the operator where the emergency is the emergency response may be sent to the incorrect address. After registering your initial location, you are required to update your location details if they change. You can register a new location by calling phone support on 0800 126 226. For purposes of 111 Dialing you may only register one location at a time for each phone line you use with the Service.
b.) Service Outages affect the ability to make 111 calls:
i. Service outages due to Power Failure or Disruption will mean you are unable to make 111 calls, and will not be able to make 111 calls until power is restored. Following a power failure or disruption, you may need to reset or reconfigure the equipment prior to utilizing the Service, including 111 calling;
ii. Service outages or suspensions or disconnections of service by your broadband provider or ISP will prevent all Service, including 111 Dialing, from functioning
iii. Service outages due to disconnection of your account will prevent all Service, including 111 Dialing, from functioning
iv. Service outages due to ISP or Broadband Provider Blocking of Ports or Other Acts will affect 111 dialing. Your ISP or broadband provider or other third party may intentionally or inadvertently block the ports over which Northland Connect VoIP Services are provided or otherwise impede the usage of the Service. In that event, provided that you alert us to this situation, we will attempt to work with you to resolve the issue. During the period that the ports are being blocked or your Service is impeded, and unless and until the blocking or impediment is removed or the blocking or impediment is otherwise resolved, your Service, including the 111 calling, may not function.
v. Other Service Outages. If there is a Service outage for any reason, such outage will prevent all Service, including 111 Dialing, from functioning.
c.) If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call our customer care department on 0800 126 226.
If you are not comfortable with the limitations of the 111 Dialing service, you should consider retaining an analogue line for purposes of emergency dialing.
d.) Northland Connect will pass personal details, such as name and address to emergency services. Please note these details are held securely at all times, however for emergency dialing the details are not subject to privacy laws.
IN NO EVENT WILL NORTHLAND CONNECT, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES OR AGENTS OR ANY OTHER SERVICE PROVIDER WHO FURNISHES SERVICES TO YOU IN CONNECTION THE SERVICE BE LIABLE FOR
ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, COMPENSATORY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY OTHER DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, WRONGFUL
DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, INCLUDING INABILITY TO ACCESS EMERGENCY SERVICE PERSONNEL THROUGH THE 111 DIALING SERVICE OR TO OBTAIN EMERGENCY HELP. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH HEREIN APPLY TO CLAIMS FOUNDED IN BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, PRODUCT LIABILITY, TORT AND ANY AND ALL OTHER THEORIES OF LIABILITY AND APPLY WHETHER OR NOT WE WERE INFORMED OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF ANY PARTICULAR TYPE OF DAMAGES.
Once you are connected to our Network we aim to provide you with consistently reliable and good quality service. We do not guarantee that the service we provide will be perfect. When your connection is disrupted we will do our best to reinstate our service to you as soon as we can.
11. You agree that you will:
a.) Ensure that all of the information you give us is correct and complete.
b.) Comply with any legal requirements concerning the use of our services.
c.) Comply with any requirements of any other carrier in relation to the use of its network.
d.) Ensure that, under no circumstance, any settings programmed by Northland Connect are changed or tampered with.
e.) Make sure everyone you are responsible for also meets these responsibilities.
f.) Provide reasonable access to our employees, contractors and representatives authorised by us or any other carrier to carry out any work required for the commencement, operation and continuance of our services to you, and the maintenance of the Network. We will normally carryout this work by appointment and during normal working hours. However, if we need to perform the work at any other time you must provide us with the access we require.
g.) Provide us with your login and password, and Email information to enable us to rectify any faults with either the Network or your Service
12. You are responsible for ensuring that all calls or other communications (collectively, “calls’) specifically or inadvertently directed into our Network from your communications equipment or systems (including but not limited to telephone, facsimile, PABX, VoIP Softswitch, gateway, computer software or hardware) relate to services you have ordered from us.
13. You shall use the Service only for lawful purposes. If we believe that you have used the Service for an unlawful purpose, we may forward the relevant communication and other information, including your identity, to the appropriate authorities for investigation and prosecution. You hereby consent to our forwarding of any such communications and information to these authorities. In addition, Northland Connect will provide information
in response to law enforcement requests, lawful government requests, subpoenas, court orders, to protect it’s rights and property and in the case where failure to disclose the information may lead to imminent harm to the customer or others.
14. You shall not use the Service in any way that is threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, or any similar behavior. We reserve the right to immediately disconnect or modify your Service if we determine, at our sole and absolute discretion, that your use of the Service is, or at any time was, inconsistent with normal residential usage.
15. You agree that you will pay for Northland Connect VoIP Services in advance and that service will be suspended if your account is not paid by the due payment date. We may also recover from you all legal and other costs incurred by us, arising from the collection of any amount which you owe to us and which you do not pay to us when due.
You must be over 18 to apply for this service.